Ready to embark on this journey with me?
But Don’t Take My Word For It...
2-time National Book Award finalist and award-winning author of Never Fall Down, Sold and Cut, among others
Just Write for Young Adults Will Help You...
- The differences betwen middle grade, YA and adult fiction
- How to develop your idea into a captivating story for young adult readers
- How to craft authentic, compelling characters who take an emotional journey
- The keys to plot structure – Dramatic arc, pacing, tension, obstacles, action
- Theme – providing a takeaway for readers without being preachy or didactic
- Beginnings – the responsibility of the first chapter(s)
- Narrative and character voice
- Settings and worldbuilding
- Chapters – scenes, events, hooks, beats, tension, obstacles, transitions, etc.
- Subplots and Secondary Characters
- Narrative Details – passive voice, backstory, infodumping, repetition, verbs, nouns, adjectives & adverbs, "content" (language, sex, etc.)
- Endings – fulfilling the initial promise of your novel
- Editing & Revision – How to edit your own work
- PLUS, tons of bonuses including a comprehensive Editing Checklist, a Writer's Resource List, a Manuscript Submission Guide, and a $50 Gift Certificate toward any of Emma's award-winning editorial services.
This self-paced course consists of 14 specific lessons in writing and editing your novel, with corresponding assignments and worksheets.In just 14 lessons, you will have a completed manuscript in hand, ready to submit to agents and publishers – and all from the comfort of your own home!
At universities like the one where Emma teaches, courses like this cost $1,500+
If you were to train with Emma one-on-one, the cost would be $5,500.
Just Write for Young Adults gives you the exact same information
Emma Walton Hamilton